Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Manage recruitment and selection for officer level downwards, including placing job advertisements, shortlisting, and conducting interviews.
- Overseeing and managing the Employee Assistance Program.
- Support in ensuring compliance and adherence to Organisation Health and Safety Regulations.
- Support the HR Manager in developing annual budgets for the HR function in conjunction with institutional managers, and ensuring adherence to set budget targets throughout the year.
- Payroll management; compile and review payroll inputs on a monthly basis
- Conduct member education to staff on Employee rights, Benefits, and the Shofco Employee handbook.
- Administer the human resources policies and procedures that relate to SHOFCO’s personnel.
- Liaise with the line managers to manage and coordinate grievance management and disciplinary proceedings recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes and ensure proper documentation is done.
- Overseeing the administration department and ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained within the organization.
- Work hand in hand with line managers on performance management to ensure that high performance is achieved.
- Facilitate the on-boarding process of all new staff in coordination with the line managers
- Act as the link between the Organisation and the Insurance service providers and coordinate the benefits program. Reconcile and resolve benefits-related problems.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Assist in regularly reviewing and updating the HR policies and procedures.
- Support during the employee probationary period by issuing probationary guidance, and making sure probationary documentation is provided.
- Employees exit management, ensuring proper exit processes are adhered to and proper documentation is done.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Management and Leadership, or any other related field
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) is desirable
- Registration with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) is a must
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 5 years experience working with the Human Resources department
- Must be familiar with the Kenya Labour Laws
- Experience with an ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Articulating information
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com, quoting their current and expected salaries. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 29 September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org