Catholic Relief Services
Health and Nutrition Intern Job Purpose
The CRS internship program aims to offer valuable learning opportunities to recent Kenyan graduates, preparing them for both short- and long-term careers in humanitarian aid and development. By participating in this six-month program, graduates who have completed their studies in relevant fields within the last two years can enhance their employability.
During the internship, the selected candidate will join the Nawiri health and nutrition team. Their primary role will be to support the County Department of Health in delivering health and nutrition services. Throughout the internship, the intern will receive close supervision and guidance from the County Department of Health Officers and the Nawiri program staff, fostering their learning and development.
At the beginning of the internship, clear objectives will be set, regularly assessed and monitored and finally appraised to ensure the intern achieves their learning and development goals.
Working closely with the County Department of Health, the Nawiri SC/Ward Coordinator, and the Nawiri consortium partners, the intern will gain practical experience by supporting the implementation of planned health and nutrition activities. These responsibilities include:
- Participating in weekly activity planning for Nawiri.
- Assisting health workers with nutrition screening, registration, commodity distribution, and updating tally sheets and registers during IMAM activities at both the facility and community levels.
- Facilitating the smooth delivery of integrated health and nutrition outreaches in collaboration with Caritas and health workers.
- Taking part in community-level activities such as household visits, Family MUAC monitoring, and community dialogues, as guided by health and nutrition officers.
- Compiling activity reports and field visit reports, including weekly progress reports, using standard tools.
- Participating in team meetings to support their learning.
- Undertaking any other activities assigned by the line manager.
- NAWIRI Health and Nutrition Manager – Concern/Caritas
- Health and Nutrition officers – Concern/Caritas
- The health facility in charge – MOH
To be eligible for this internship, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Foods Nutrition and Dietetics from a Kenyan university or a reputable college.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to write comprehensive reports.
- Have proficiency in using computer applications.
- Be willing to adapt and learn in a rapidly changing context.
- Be able to speak at least one local language in Isiolo and Marsabit, in addition to English and Kiswahili.
- Reside in Isiolo or Marsabit.
- Be willing to work in remote field locations for extended periods.
- Showcase good character, creativity, honesty, integrity, a positive attitude, and a strong ability to learn.
- Demonstrate a commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion, including gender equality.
To apply for this job please visit eipn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.