“Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS”
- To provide an efficient and friendly service for all guests and visitors.
- The up-keep and presentation of accounts, records and correspondence.
- Every member of staff is expected to ensure that the hotel guests’ comfort, satisfaction and wellbeing is catered for in a friendly, helpful and personalized manner at all times. This attitude is also to be extended to your colleagues
- To ensure SOP for check-in and check-out are observed.
- To maintain eye contact and pleasant facial expression when attending to Guest.
- To ensure that guest feedback are well recorded in the handover diary.
- To ensure that proper follow up is done for all guest complains within 10mins
- Collect Guest feedback upon check-out
- To respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues to all departments and concerns to ensure optimal level of guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Meet and greet all incoming and outgoing Guest.
- To greet all guests warmly and sincerely in a friendly manner and address them by name at all times whenever possible.
- Check in guests as per the set brand standards and ensure that they are properly registered into the Property Management System (PMS).
- Take deposit/down payment from guests settling their bills directly upon arrival.
- Filing of guest registration cards accordingly and ensuring that the guest registration forms are attached with the cover letters/ billing instructions.
- Filing of all guest chits from the various revenue centres correctly and clearing the room dockets for all checked out guests.
- Accurately and efficiently do postings of both accommodation and other related expenses onto guest accounts.
- Ensure day room charges have been posted in cases where manual posting is required.
- Ensure there is enough operational float (with enough change) at all times and the cash till is well secured.
- Merchandising and up selling the hotel, its USPs, and outlets. Ensure the right collateral is in place and well displayed.
- Ensures all guests are attended to at the front of house area.
- To be available to undertake any other duties assigned to you by the management. Be proactive and flexibility needed.
- Ensure that all guests arriving in the hotel are met and greeted and comfortably checked in.
- To print all contingency reports, i.e. arrivals, departures, Guest’s In-house and Guest ledger balance, at the beginning of every shift. This will be filed in the respective files as a backup In-case of system failure.
- Correctly performing Forex exchanges as per the set standard
- To efficiently check out guests and receive any payments related to their stay while transferring the city ledger bills to the respective company and attaching the correct correspondences
- Ensure all the departed rooms have been checked out from the system, retrieve the key cards from the guest and issue a check out pass
- Attending to calls, both internal and external as per the set TUNE standards.
- Action the housekeeper’s report immediately, reporting any discrepancies to the GSS and pass it to the housekeeping for investigations and follow up.
- Ensure that the housekeeping is furnished with detailed information and requests on the expected arrivals of the day including specific services required of them e.g. Twin/Extra beds.
- Ensure guest messages are received, handled and delivered promptly to the rooms and a proper record in liaison with the LA.
- Ensure the Front Office Reception /Back Office is kept neat at all times.
- Ensure all the credit card machines and other operational equipment’s are working
- Ensure the reports related to your shift are complete and balanced.
- Ensure that all cash collections for your shift are recorded accurately in the cashier book and deposited in the main safe deposit box.
- To maintain a good knowledge of reservation procedures, rates, promotions, and room up selling. To be aware of availability and take reservations where necessary.
- To be aware of the current room occupancy at all times.
- Be aware of the emergency evacuation procedure and emergency hotlines.
- No private telephone calls are entertained while on duty.
- To anticipate and provide for guest needs. Be proactive while on duty.
- To promote a helpful, caring and professional image to guests and staff at all times.
- Alert the GSS or Front Office Manager of any occurrences or a suspicious looking person or a known difficult guest.
- Ensure that the courtesy vehicle/taxis are clean, well maintained and ready for guests. Part of your daily chores is to ensure guest comfort
- Maintain good lobby ambience. Ensure thorough cleanliness at all times and those concerned are aware of the standards expected around that area.
- Be very well versed with current affairs and all guest related issues on the same.
- To attend and participate fully in departmental and company training sessions as required by the hotel management, and to implement the given training as well as taking responsibility for your personal development within the company.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Hotel, its history, facilities and activities available.
- Keep alert for guests leaving the hotel, especially for comments which could be useful in evaluating the performance of the hotel both favourable and unfavourable. Such comments should be relayed promptly and personally to the Front Office Manager.
- To comply with the stipulated house rules
- To comply with any statutory and legal requirement for fire, licensing, health and safety and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements.
- Qualified Receptionist with hands on experience in back office routines of providing financial, administrative and clerical services in Accounts Receivable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the Hotel Industry
- Good knowledge of Micros, Fidelio or Opera
- Your team and working environment:
- Tight-knit and team oriented.
- Hard-working, engaging and inclusive.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.