- To collect, with an assigned witness, all Front Office Clerks’ and Food & Beverage Clerks’ remittance envelopes from the drop-safe and to verify them against the Daily Witness Sheet.
- To count, together with the witness, cash, cheques and credit card vouchers and verify them to the Front Office Clerks’ and Food & Beverage Clerks’ computerized remittance report details.
- To prepare bank deposits of all cheques and cash, and to ensure that all cash collections are deposited intact.
- To compile all credit card sales vouchers by Credit Card Company, to balance them to the computer totals and to prepare them for banking-in daily.
- To update daily and to maintain by month ongoing transaction details by Credit Card Company.
- To obtain daily foreign exchange rates from bank sources and to have them updated in the PMS system.
- To disburse petty cash requests those have been approved by the Director of Finance and prepare Daily Summary of Disbursements.
- To count and balance his / her own house bank and prepare the recapitulation daily.
- To prepare the General Cashier’s Daily Report by entering the day’s detailed cash collections and all other payments received for review and completion by both Income Auditor and Chief Accountant.
- To prepare such cash and foreign exchange control reports as may be required by local law.
- To ensure that cash advances are made only if they have the approval of both the General Manager and the Director of Finance.
- To assist, when required, in carrying out surprise cash counts.
- To assist to follow up on all the drafts being sent for clearing to the bank and liaise with the Chief Accountant for any outstanding on hand.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To provide Front Office Clerks and Food & Beverage Clerks with required change and to anticipate and plan for extra change for long week-ends or holidays.
- To reimburse Front Office Clerks for disbursements made by them (due backs).
- To maintain custody and supports of unclaimed wages.
- To assist in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skill e.g. in identifying forged bank notes, verifying the checks and credit cards, to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- Diploma degree or higher
- Previous work experience as a Cashier
- Good computer knowledge
- Familiarity with the use of cash register and POS machine
- Good mathematical skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.