Peace Winds Japan
- The Finance Assistant Officer under the direct supervision of the Head of Support Services (HoSS) and within the limits of Peace Winds Japan Kenya policies and procedures coordinates the facilitation of field activities and functions within PWJ. The Finance Assistant Officer will work closely with the management teamand other staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Head of Support Services (HoSS) for the management of USD/KES cash and bank books;
- Support HoSS for finalization of monthly financial report and submit to HQ on time;
- Handling of Petty Cash and perform Cash Counts on every Friday (in presence of HoSS or Finance Officer) and file cash counts in file;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of the cash/bank books and ensure proper filling of all financial documents;
- Support Finance Officer to make bill payment in the NetSuite ERP System by ensuring that all the pre-requisite supporting documents are available, signed and dated correctly;
- Ensure an original invoice is obtaining after making the payments and file it with the voucher and supporting documents;
- Ensure that all invoices are stamped using the PWJ/Donor Paid Stamp and that all invoices and or receipts are signed by the suppliers;
- Ensure all vouchers with invoices and supporting documents are arranged in a chronological order and file them accordingly in the designated files;
- Maintain the Cashbook in the NetSuite ERP System by ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded;
- Supports with monthly accounts reconciliations, Bank reconciliations, and all cashbook reconciliations;
- Support HoSS for donors reporting;
- Maintain all finance files up to date;
- Support Finance Officer and HR Officer for monthly payroll processes; and
- Other duties as and when assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with minimum of three years of experience or Diploma in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with minimum of five years of experience.
- CPA 1 qualification will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of financial management, budget control and accounting systems processes, preferably in a humanitarian or non-profit organization.
- A comprehensive understanding of current accounting and taxes and accepted best practices.
- Proficient in NetSuite ERP System.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and ability to adhere deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and expected monthly salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Finance Assistant Officer Application – Nairobi” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 14th February 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com