Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Office and Programmes Support and Vehicle maintenance
- Ensure that LSTM Kenya vehicle policy is strictly adhered to in vehicle management
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the line manager on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Overseeing safety of the passengers and/or goods therein.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services, and that there is security for daily use and proper evening and weekend storage at office site or authorised project site.
- Ensuring adherence to and observations of traffic laws. Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of accidents or incidences and that required paper work is submitted, and that reporting of accidents and incidents is made to police and/or the office immediately they occur.
- Advise the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure that the vehicle has all required registrations/ licensing and inspections, and that necessary documentation is retained in the vehicle.
- Provide input to the preparation of monthly vehicle operation and management reports.
- Proactively ensure value for money is achieved in vehicles’ operations, ensuring efficiency and economy by making rational decisions for optimal operations in achieving allocated tasks.
- Develop and maintain good and professional working relationships with all project personnel, and LSTM-appointed vehicle-servicing and maintenance agency/ies.
- Ensure care and maintenance of LSTM’s vehicles and their accessories.
- Inspect the vehicle after a major/minor service and repair.
Vehicle reports & records
- Ensure that vehicle is used for the intended/assigned purpose in accordance with the prior authorisation given by the supervisor.
- Keep correct/proper and neatly recorded vehicle log sheets and submit to the supervisor on monthly basis for review, checking and feedback.
- Monitor that the fuel consumption is remained within the litre/km rate estimate for the vehicle and report any irregularities.
- Reconcile the fuel versus mileage each end of the month for approval by the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Assist in Local Purchases.
- Assists with office tasks, such as photocopying, pick up of supplies etc
- Runs office errands such as message/equipment deliver, visa applications, picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned by the supervisor.
- Payment of office bills to ensure administrative support to the office and clients
- Filing and archiving of finance & procurement documents.
- Storekeeping and maintenance.
- Assume other relevant responsibilities as instructed by supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit www.lstmed.ac.uk.