Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
Driver Key Responsibilities:
MEDA is looking for a Driver/Logistics Assistant, to ensure that MEDA staff are driven safely to meetings, workshops, and other work-related destinations; and that the MEDA vehicle under his/her charge is maintained in optimal working condition. This position will report to the Area Manager – VIRCA Deployment and dotted line to Security and Logistics Specialist. This Position may involve travel to the field (within Kenya) 50% of the time.
- Provide transportation for staff and officials to meetings and facilitate airport pickups and drop-offs, following the supervisor’s instructions.
- Collect and deliver mail, packages, and equipment as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle complies with MEDA’s Vehicle Policy and adheres to Kenyan traffic laws.
- Conduct regular checkups and minor repairs, arrange for scheduled car servicing/maintenance, and ensure the vehicle remains in good running condition.
- Clean all MEDA Kenya cars daily to maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Safeguard and take responsibility for the vehicle.
- Ensure all necessary documents/supplies, including vehicle insurance, registration, logs, first aid kit, and spare parts, are available in the assigned vehicle.
- Follow the required procedures and regulations in case of an accident involving the office vehicle.
- Prepare monthly vehicle reports and work with the finance and procurement officer to obtain quotes for vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records for vehicles, including official trips, daily mileage, fuel card usage, and consumption.
- Monitor vehicle insurance and servicing dates.
- Assist office staff with filing, photocopying, and paying office bills as needed.
- Act as a representative for MEDA’s bank account and handle all bank errands.
- Assist the Security and Logistics Specialist in responding to security distress calls when required.
Carry out any additional duties or requirements assigned by the supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit meda.bamboohr.com.