The Officer will be responsible in identifying, consenting recruitment, follow up and retention of eligible study participants. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail: –
- Assist in identification of potential participants
- Consent and recruit eligible participants
- Ensure consistent implementation of research protocol over time
- Schedule participants for follow ups
- Complete study forms accurately & completely
- Ensure he/she has the requisite supplies in good time
- Work closely with the data team to resolve queries
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive research information
- Participate in monthly program meetings
- Must be able to relate well with MOH staff and CHVs and the community
- Perform any other duties assigned/delegated by the study management.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- KCSE mean grade D+ and above or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Fluency in both written and oral Luo, English & Swahili languages
- Possession of GCP certificate is an added advantage
- Be in possession of a valid motorcycle rider’s license and able to ride motorcycle.
- Experience in electronic data collection e.g smartphone, tablets
- Be a resident or willing to live and work in the study area
- Experience in working in a research /hospital setting is an added advantage
- Ability to maintain project schedules and work extra hours as needed
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities independently, in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Attention to details and good work ethics
- Must be able to write brief reports and keep records that are clear and legible
- Ability to adhere to research protocol as written
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning and Organization Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team player
Terms of employment:
This is a one (1) year contract, renewable subject to availability of funds, with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the KEMRI scheme of service depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
All the applications to be addressed to Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu and submitted through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment on or before November 2, 2023 latest 5.00 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit www.kemri.go.ke.