Insurance Regulatory Authority
The position is responsible for providing professional and efficient front office services to uphold corporate image and facilitate seamless operations of the Authority
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls and routing to appropriate persons; ii) Directing inquiries from external stakeholders to relevant employees;
- Managing guests in a professional manner;
- Managing internal stakeholders;
- Monitoring flow of visitors for security controls;
- Maintaining the appointment diary either manually or electronically;
- Maintaining the facilities booking system i.e. booking of boardrooms and meeting rooms;
- Scheduling appointments for internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintaining call records and expenditures for monitoring purposes;
- Implementing Quality Management System standards and continuously identifying and managing risks; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution.
Competencies and skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organization and interpersonal skills Ethical and integrity
- Team player
Method of Application
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Successful candidates for positions in Job Grade IRA 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance while those in Job Grade IRA 4 to IRA 10 shall be appointed on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials, and a copy of the National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, daytime mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration, and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be sent by post or delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g. “REF: MICT/08” for Manager ICT).
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
Applications must be received by the close of business on 7th November 2023.
Candidates who had earlier applied for these positions may re-apply.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.