The officer will be responsible for day-to-day management of participant care, data collection, and entry while ensuring adherence to research protocols and ethical guidelines. The officer is also involved in maintaining detailed records of research activities, including data collection forms, study logs, and adverse event reports, as well as drafting SOPs, training materials, and others.
The major duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
- Implementing pre-clinical and clinical research projects and/or supervising designated aspects of the work;
- General diagnosis, care, treatment, and provision of specialized clinical care for study participants;
- Assist in carrying out fieldwork and pre-clinical and clinical experimental procedures;
- Carry out experimental and/or developmental work;
- Contributing to the interpretation and validation of results
- Conduct community diagnosis, care, and treatment during Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities;
- Assist in the organization of the internal scientific seminars;
- Liaise with PI to respond to any monitoring findings and implement approved recommendations
- Present research overviews, reports, and presentations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide guidance and mentorship to interdisciplinary team members involved in research activities.
- Support the drafting of SOPs, operations manuals, quality assurance documentation, training materials, and others.
- Collaborate with PI to respond to any monitoring findings and implement approved recommendations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the PI
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields;- Medicine and surgery, Dentistry from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Be registered by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Research experience will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Planning and Organizational skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and Innovativeness;
- Critical thinking skills
- Team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines
Terms of Employment: This is a one-year (1) contract renewable as per the KEMRI scheme of service and with a probation period in the first three months
Remuneration: Compensation at the stated grade, based on education level, relevant experience, and demonstrated competency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu, and submit an application by snail mail (post) to reach our office not later than September 20, 2023. KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WHO ARE ABLED DIFFERENTLY, WOMEN, YOUTH, AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW, AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.