SABIS International School
The primary objective of this role is to ensure the success and overall development of students, helping them to achieve their full potential by implementing the SABIS curriculum and philosophy, as well as consistently applying SABIS teaching methods.
- Conducting classes using provided lesson plans (and potentially developing plans based on provided pacing charts as required) for their respective subjects to enable teaching using the SABIS point system.
- Grading exams related to the subjects they teach according to the schedule and materials provided by the department.
- Collaborating with the Academic Quality Controller (AQC) and Head of Department (HOD) to address disciplinary and student performance matters as necessary.
- Implementing the SABIS® Point System to create a conducive learning environment in the classroom.
- Overseeing exam proctoring as needed, ensuring a well-organized and properly managed testing environment.
- Offering support and guidance to academically struggling students to motivate them and help them improve to their full potential.
- Developing and/or supervising external exam preparations by following a structured revision schedule, including reviewing past exams (as applicable to specific grade levels).
- Assisting in various responsibilities, such as conducting student assessments, substituting for absent teachers, organizing student activities during breaks and bus schedules, managing traffic (both vehicular and pedestrian), and performing other administrative tasks as assigned by school management.
- Preparing for and participating in student life events and activities, such as art exhibitions, open houses, and physical education, in coordination with the Student Life Coordinator (SLC).
- Attending training sessions when required and as requested by school management to enhance understanding of the SABIS system and improve overall student performance.
- Undertaking other relevant tasks or projects as they arise and are delegated by school management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field.
- Proficiency in English (Native English proficiency may be required for Infant and English Teacher positions).
- Minimum of 1 year of teaching experience.
- Possession of a Teacher Service Commission Number (TSC#).
- Demonstrates professional behavior and ethical conduct.
- Proven ability to deliver results.
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Takes ownership and accountability for assigned tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sabis.net.