Reeds Africa Consult
- The Business Development Officer will be responsible for Pitching to SMEs and dealers & provide on-the-ground support and escalation during the post and onboarding process.
- Pitch to SMEs and dealers under Retail finance/supplier finance programs supported by our Anchor clients.
- On-board new spokes under Distributor Finance and Supplier Finance program, including
- Coordinating with operations team for SME limit set ups.
- Provide on-the-ground support and escalation during post and on boarding process.
- Build relationships with decision makers of the client base and manage the on-boarding relationship proactively.
- Work closely with the Front Office and potentially direct with clients as required, to obtain all necessary supporting evidence to fulfil KYC due diligence.
- Leverage in-house technology to record client information.
- Work with the on-boarding operations team to ensure all pre and post account setups are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Engage clients throughout process, ensuring seamless delivery and client experience.
- Own and drive execution of processes, working closely with stakeholders and the value chain to deliver excellent client service, getting clients to the point of ready-to-transact as quickly as possible, across both simple and complex cases.
- Adheres to first time right principles.
- Provide insight and suggestions to improving processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and automate. Looks at ways to promote standard work and best practices.
- Ensure all clients are completely set up to trade from a regulatory standpoint to meet all internal requirements, CRB Checks.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the company operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the operational risk team and Line Manager
- Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations.
- Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework.
- Ensure compliance with the internal policies and credit policies, external policies, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Highlight significant issues/errors to team leader.
- Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Company’s Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Company’s Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualification & Experience
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to positively influence stakeholders across value chain to both orchestrate and execute on processes and deliver exceptional client service and experience.
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients.
- Strong writing and presenting skills in English.
- Problem solver looks for solutions and finds ways to progress despite blockages.
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Diploma level.
- Knowledge of Client Onboarding and Regulations is a plus
Qualified candidates are advised to share updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th December 2023 indicating “Business Development Officer and Region” as the subject of the email
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com