Child Fund International
Reporting to the Project Officer, the Project Assistant (PA) will play a crucial role in supporting the implementation and delivery of the Elimu Kidijitali project. This project aims to utilize technological digital learning innovations to support the achievement of SDG 4, ensuring transformational learning in primary schools in Nairobi, Kiambu, and Murang’a Counties in Kenya. The PA will assist in planning, coordination, and execution of project activities, ensuring adherence to set targets, milestones, and budget management. Additionally, the PA will collaborate with various stakeholders, contribute to the development of learning resources, and support the overall success of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and reviewing detailed project implementation plans, monthly work plans, and budgets.
- Support the implementation of capacity-building plans for incentive teachers involved in the Elimu KiDijitali program.
- Collaborate with educators, subject Education Officers, and non-teaching staff to enhance digital literacy learning outcomes.
- Assist in designing and developing online learning resources, including video material, screencasts, and interactive web-based resources.
- Conduct observations during digital learning sessions to ensure quality.
- Support in researching and creating digitally-led learning resources for diverse learners.
- Coordinate the quality and timely implementation of all project activities, achieving set targets and milestones.
- Ensure learning activities align with the curriculum and are implemented efficiently and sustainably.
- Provide support in conducting regular data collection to measure the overall impact of the project.
- Document best practices and lessons for dissemination within the organization.
- Provide technical support to address technological challenges faced with connectivity and digital equipment.
Budgeting and Financial Management:
- Collaborate with the project team to prepare project quarterly and monthly budget forecasts.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on the project budget in coordination with the Finance officer.
- Support the timely and accurate posting of project budgets into the financial system.
Networking and Collaboration:
- Represent ChildFund Kenya in relevant forums, meetings, and conferences.
- Support the creation of Information, Educational, and Communications (IEC) materials for the project.
- Build and strengthen communications with NGO partners, stakeholders, and government agencies.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks.
- Acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices.
- Understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself accordingly.
Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Collate monitoring data regularly for reporting and monitoring purposes.
- Contribute to the timely documentation of project progress, challenges, and learning.
- Support project data collection for reporting and capturing results at the impact level.
- Collaborate with the MEAL and communication teams to develop quarterly case stories.
- Assist in the preparation of quality donor reports.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, educational technology, Social Sciences, or ICT Educationist’s qualifications.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience in the education sector, specifically in digital literacy, ICT in education, Digital Education Programming, or management of educational projects.
- Excellent knowledge of ICT, social media, and mobile applications.
- Experience in planning, preparing, and organizing workshops and meetings related to educational projects.
- Understanding of current developments in digital innovations, teaching, and learning, especially regarding the use of technology.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili (reading, speaking, and writing).
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in accessibility, user-centered, universal, and mobile learning platforms and resources.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of online learning design and development.
- Experience conducting research on education and development issues and working with research teams.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm for education.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with communities and other agencies that support education.
Behaviours (Values in Practice):
- Accountability: Holds self-accountable for decision-making, resource management, and role modeling organizational values.
- Collaboration: Establishes good working relationships with various stakeholders and colleagues.
- Integrity: Encourages openness and transparency in all activities.
To apply for this job please visit weconnectchildfund.my.salesforce-sites.com.