Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Position: Assistant Front Office Manager
In the role of Assistant Front Office Manager, you will be the driving force behind the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk, Guest Services, and Royal Service departments. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the smooth running of the Front Desk operations.
What’s in it for You:
- Employee benefit card providing discounted rates across Accor properties globally.
- Access to learning programs through our Academies for personal and professional growth.
- Opportunity for career development within your current property and beyond.
- Participate in meaningful Corporate Social Responsibility activities, such as Planet 21.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Front Desk, Guest Services, and Royal Service departments, with a primary focus on Front Desk functioning.
- Act as the Manager on Duty, offering support to all departments in the absence of Department Heads and Executive Committee Members.
- Lead and mentor the Front Office team to ensure exceptional guest service and colleague satisfaction, following Corporate and property standards.
- Spend a significant portion of your day in the lobby and public areas, conducting audits, inspections, coaching, and managing the Front Office Team.
- Manage group business and liaise with conference convenors to meet and exceed convention requirements.
- Review arrival and VIP reports to ensure special guest requirements are met.
- Focus on departmental goals and projects related to occupancy and yield management, guest service standards, safety, and employee engagement.
- Seek and act on feedback from colleagues and guests to continuously improve services.
- Ensure optimal utilization and productivity of Front Office staff, including forecasting, payroll, scheduling, and budget adherence.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the hotel/union collective agreement to effectively manage within a unionized environment.
- Develop a motivated and guest-oriented Front Desk team through recruitment, appraisals, recognition programs, communication meetings, and career development.
- Maintain a commitment to excellent service and exceeding guest expectations.
- Foster strong relationships with all hotel departments for effective collaboration.
- Be a part of the Emergency Response Team, well-versed in emergency procedures and crisis management.
- Ensure adherence to cash activity and house bank agreements, taking responsibility for floats and following Rooms Accounting Standards.
- Uphold a safe work environment and promote a culture of safety among colleagues.
- Participate actively and provide leadership on Hotel Committees.
- Seek guest feedback, address complaints, and resolve issues in line with corporate values and mission.
Your Experience and Skills:
- A strong orientation towards service excellence, complemented by prior leadership experience.
- Familiarity with Opera or related systems.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills, both in conveying thoughts and actions and building networks.
- Lead by example, advocate for a robust team culture, and set high-performance standards.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.