County Government of Marsabit
This is the entry grade for teachers with a Certificate in ECDE. A teacher at this level will work under the guidance of a more senior teacher for the purposes of professional mentoring and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Class teaching.
- Role modeling, guidance and counseling, mentoring, and motivation of the learners.
- Preparing report
- Ensuring the safety and security of the learners
- Assist in organizing and facilitating play/learning activities for the learners.
- Caring for and nurturing the spiritual, moral, social, mental, physical, aesthetic, and emotional growth of the learners (holistic development).
- Managing ECDE classes and keeping professional and administrative records (schemes of work, lesson plans, daily program of activities, attendance registers, etc.) and ensuring learners’ safety and security.
- Preparing and developing play/learning materials.
Requirements for Appointment
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade D+ (Plus) or KCE division IV at ‘O’ Level
- Certificate in Early Childhood Development Education offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent.
- Registered by the Teachers Service Commission
- A Certificate in Computer Applications
In addition to the above requirements, an ECDE Teacher must have the following personal qualities
- Creative and innovative.
- Professionalism and integrity
- Relate well with children, parents, and members of the society.
- Modest and of sound mind
Method of Application
Interested applicant who meet the above qualifications should download the prescribed application form from our website www.marsabitcpsb.go.ke and submit the dully filled form together with a cover letter, updated curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and identification card (ID) by hand delivery to the address below on or before the close of business Friday 22nd September 2023.
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, The County Public Service Board of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities,, and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit marsabitcpsb.go.ke.