International Fertilizer Development Center
Main duties are:
Administrative and Facilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the IFDC office. Oversee guests, manage and direct office mailing and communication.
- Ensure routine maintenance of the office facility and ensure the office meets the required security and health standards.
- Plan and execute regular and emerging office meetings and events.
- Develop and implement contextually appropriate and necessary office policies and guidelines alongside appropriate departments (Finance, HR, IT, etc)
- Work closely with HR team to prepare for and be ready to promptly respond to emergent situations.
- Support in the onboarding process for new admin staff
- Responsible for arranging and coordinating in-house and off-site conferences, retreats, and other official staff events.
- Support the Country Director in the coordination of staff meetings.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with global teams on country administrative and operational matters.
- Oversee the use of IFDC rooms for staff events (e.g. conference and small meeting rooms) and equipment (e.g. projector, speakers, cameras, etc) and ensure they are in good functioning condition.
- Coordinating the office administrative errands.
- Responsible for receiving all goods procured in the country and ensuring procured goods meet all specifications by the requester.
- Control and manage IFDC equipment, (disposal, inventory, and the management of IFDC fleet of vehicles)
- Oversee the administration and management of service provider contracts and management of office supplies.
- Oversee screening and conducting due diligence for all pre-qualified suppliers and vendors.
- Coordinate the stay and visit of office visitors to ensure they are well taken care of pre and during their visit; Arrange travel and hotel reservations, and purchase flight tickets, for project staff on official trips and project activities.
- Handle staff Insurance (Health insurance and Group life/Group Accident Insurances)
- Coordinate and assist in the logistics arrangements for local and international travel documentation such as visas, passports, accommodation, bus/vehicle hires, etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of travel policy and processes.
- Work in tandem with AdTrav travel agency to support travel arrangements for IFDC employees and guests. Administer IFDC’s internal travel approval process and act as a liaison for the coordination of travel with travel agents and employees.
- Be the focal point person for visa application processes, accommodation, and local transportation for IFDC visiting staff.
Compliance and Registration:
- Ensure the IFDC Office remains compliant and maintains the necessary registrations and licensees with regulatory bodies, country permits, and the government.
- Work closely with the appointed immigration consultant/staff to manage Other Country Nationals visa and work permit processes. Keep a record of staff visa and work permit timelines and renewal dates.
- Provide periodic administration reports or as per the need to the Country Director; and
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary and requested by the supervisors.
- Ensure that the office is stocked with necessary supplies and that all equipment is working and properly maintained
- Supervise all the IFDC Drivers and Administration Assistants (if any)
- Prepare, process, and maintain contract agreements for service vendors, and complete required inspection, quality assurance testing, invoice processing and contract closeouts.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for the Country Director.
- In close collaboration with the project administration officer, ensure general day-to-day project administration, including but not limited to the purchase of equipment and services, organization of travels, and logistics for project activities.
- Provide support to the Country Director on all other administrative issues (schedule appointments and meetings).
Reporting and Work Relationships
- The Administrative office position reports to the Country Director IFDC Kenya Office, his/her designee
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to maintain effective work relationships.
- Previous experience as an Administrative Officer or any relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, logically, and effectively.
- Ability to assess priorities and work on own initiative.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in the operationalization of administrative tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Good teamwork skills
- A Master’s degree in business administration, Business Management, Administration, supply chain management, or any other related field and a flair for detail.
- A certification in office administration is a plus.
- Over 7 years of practical experience in office management or similar posts in the NGO sector.
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office software, communication tools (e.g. teams, zoom), and the Internet.
- Proficiency in English, both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate in French, as a second language, would be a definite advantage
To apply for this job please visit jobs.silkroad.com.