Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Accounts Assistant (Receivable)
Are you a dynamic and results-driven professional with a passion for finance and accounting in the hospitality industry? We are looking for you!
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Credit Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the timely billing of client’s bills.
- Maintain a filing system for account receivable records.
- Assist in balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update to accounts receivable system.
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts.
- Respond and contact clients for queries.
- Contact debtors for payment follow ups.
- Ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing.
- Process bills and statements and have them sent to clients promptly.
- Maintain a filing system for accounts receivable records.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate settlement of debtors.
- Check arithmetic accuracy and invoices.
- Calculate travel agent commissions.
- Aid in the preparation of the travel agents cheque listing.
- Use finance computer programs.
- Bring to Credit Managers attention any balances that are not properly supported.
- Invoice on the computer as per contract for travel agents and others.
- Prepare delivery letters for invoices.
- Make photocopies for invoices for our back-up copy.
- Rebate overcharges as analyzed when invoicing and raise miscellaneous for any undercharges.
- Print file and distribute daily reports i.e ageing by class, balancing reports and edit transfers.
- Apply credits arising from rebates. Transfers. Voids etc.
- Prepare AR reconciliations as assigned by Credit Manager
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience is an asset
- A graduate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Familiarity with hotel property management systems (PMS) and accounting software is an advantage.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of billing and invoicing procedures.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure in dealing with guests and payment disputes.
To apply for this job please visit careers.accor.com.