Embark on your educational journey in Spain with great news! The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics is currently accepting applications for scholarships. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive overview of this scholarship program, including its benefits and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year is a fully-funded master’s scholarship open to international students. This prestigious scholarship covers up to 100% of tuition fees and also offers a limited number of fully-funded scholarships.
Applicants who are admitted to the Barcelona GSE have already demonstrated their potential to excel in the demanding and intensive Master’s programs offered by the institution. Exceptionally talented candidates may receive financial offers that cover all or a portion of their tuition fees.
This merit-based financial support is made possible through the generous contributions of both public and private sponsors, as well as the resources of the Barcelona GSE itself.
The Barcelona GSE grants financial aid based on academic merit, which includes waivers for 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% of tuition fees, along with a limited number of fully funded scholarships. Financial assistance is exclusively awarded to candidates with outstanding academic records.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, often referred to as Barcelona GSE, is an independent institution dedicated to research and graduate education. The school offers a wide range of master’s degree programs in Economics, Finance, and Data Science, and it has been recognized as one of the top Economics Departments globally by RePEc.
Annually, the Barcelona GSE disburses an average of €800,000 in merit-based funding to Master’s students, benefiting approximately 36% of enrolled students who receive either full or partial financial support.
Here is a summary of the scholarship details:
- Level of Study: Master’s
- Institution: Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2024, for the 2024-2025 academic year (Fall applications will open in the future)
The scholarship covers various master’s degree programs, including:
- Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program
- Finance Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
- Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program
The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Tuition fee waivers ranging from 100% to 25%
- Teaching Assistantships
- A limited number of fully-funded scholarships
To be eligible for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in English
- International students from developing countries
- A bachelor’s or equivalent degree from an accredited institution (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS is required)
- Preferred academic backgrounds include Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Administration
- Strong English language skills, with a TOEFL score of 90 or better or an IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or better
- Although not mandatory, it is highly recommended to submit GRE General Test scores
- Candidates will be assessed based on their academic performance, quantitative skills, and reference letters
To apply for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Gather your application materials, which include undergraduate transcripts, undergraduate diploma (if applicable), passport copy, curriculum vitae (up to 2 pages), a statement of purpose (maximum 700 words), and proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates). It is also recommended to provide GRE General Test scores and two reference letters.
- Complete the online application form, which allows you to select up to three program preferences.
- You can submit only one application with up to three program choices per academic year.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of €60 using major credit card or bank transfer options.
- You can expect to receive your admission decision and any financial aid offers within 4-6 weeks, provided that seats are still available in your chosen program.
To learn more about Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships, please visit the official website: