Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Executing the stock management activities (receptions, storage, and deliveries to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and other logistics materials), according to the warehouse supervisor instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of the MSF activities within Kenya.
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card.
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
- Education in Storekeeping, Warehouse and Supplies management or related studies
- Experience in warehousing activities is essential.
- Experience with MSF is essential.
- Experience on UniField is desirable.
- Experience with the use of warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker, …) is considered as an asset
- English & Kiswahili
- Essential mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable UniField
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2
Application deadline: 30th November 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.uhired.me.