Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctorsand informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material. Ensure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project medical Referent about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team to optimize the quality of care
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures patient confidentiality is respected at all times.
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
- Use appropriate personal and protective equipment (PPEs) provided by the facility while in the clinical setting and when attending to patients.
- Ensure proper triaging, timely consultations, and intervention of patients in the clinical setting where the officer is designated to work (ER or wards).
- Ensure activities in the reproductive health and newborn unit are organized. Support / collaborate with the midwife in charge of department in the management of obstetric emergencies or other obstetric problems.
- Responsible of the care and treatment of pregnant mothers (including ANC-PNC-FP high risk clinic, Gynecological patients and neonates in NBU and maternity ward by ensuring Daily ward rounds & routine reviews in Maternity ward and NBU is done.
- Perform basic procedures like MVA, assist the nurses during difficult deliveries, perform C/S as soon as it is necessary etc.
- In coordination with the maternity supervisor, conduct the High-risk clinic and ensure a follow up strategy is in place with the outreach team CHW / TBA s visits all High-risk mothers and remind them of the danger signs.
- Ensure on the job training of Clinical officers and ANC-RH working in the department on management of pregnancy complications, neonatal care and conduct CME at least once in a month in collaboration with Medical Activity Manager.
- Examine and treat all SGBV cases in a confidential manner in collaboration with midwife supervisor and be responsible for the P3 forms for the SGBV cases.
- Actively participate in the project’s quality of care activities such as CMEs, case reviews, Mortality audits & rational prescription audits.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Medical Doctor Degree with valid License to practice in Kenya
- Essential 2 years’ experience as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (including internship period).
- Experience in obstetric and gynecological emergencies, pediatric emergencies, infectious diseases, and minor surgeries is desirable.
- Mission language essential (English). Local language desirable (Kiswahili, Somali).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management / Commitment / Flexibility / Results / Teamwork
To apply for this job please visit www.uhired.me.