In close collaboration with the Credit Administration Manager, the incumbent will ensure strict adherence to internal credit policies, established procedures, best practices, and regulatory guidelines from the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). This is vital for effectively managing credit risks within acceptable levels. The job holder’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all loans approved by credit committees adhere to established procedures, are comprehensive in all essential aspects, and safeguard the institution against potential losses due to negligence.
- Conduct both pre-disbursement and post-disbursement checks to guarantee that only high-quality, policy-compliant loans are disbursed.
- Review and approve credit cancellations, waivers, and refunds through a thorough analysis, in accordance with established policies and governance processes.
- Enforce strict adherence to credit compliance and control procedures, encompassing both internal procedures and those stipulated by the regulator for credit facilities.
- Ensure that branches comply with Faulu Microfinance Bank standards and regulatory requirements regarding Money Laundering, Know-Your-Customer (KYC) policies, and Counter Financial Terrorism (CFT) in credit operations.
- Close all Credit Compliance queries comprehensively, striving to prevent recurring issues across all branches in lending and credit operations.
- Initiate reversals and immediate loan recoveries for loans found to be insufficient and in violation of credit policies and procedures, escalating for further action when necessary.
- Continuously monitor all transactions to promptly report unusual and suspicious activities to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Log concerns raised by each branch and escalate them to the branch manager and the credit administration department management for further action.
- Track and monitor covenants to safeguard the bank against potential recovery issues.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by management as the need arises.
- A degree in a business-related field.
- CPA Part 2.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, particularly in credit administration/documentation.
- Proficiency in T24 core banking system is advantageous.
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to work extended hours and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Analytical mindset.
- Knowledgeable about the financial services sector.
- Quick decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Effective team player with a proactive attitude.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.