- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions
- Must have a commitment to follow all local corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Income Audit.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Prepare and ensure Daily Flash Report is timely and accurate as per policy.
- Ensure that banquet department’s revenue postings are correct by reconciling the banquet “Event short list” report which is provided by the Banquets manager on a daily basis. Follow-up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify the balance of all interface postings to ensure all revenues have been posted.
- Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Income journal daily
- Review housekeeping discrepancy reports and file in the daily operations package.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs and miscellaneous charges to the PMS.
- Ensure all miscellaneous/allowance/paid/house charges are approved and complete with adequate explanations
- Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate back up information. F&B void reports to be filed in the daily operations package.
- Verify all negative postings, all rate variances, and all F&B Discount reports. Negative posting report should be filed in the daily operations package.
- Prepare extension wise telephone reports and submit to all departments to review. Make sure all departments return the checked reports.
- Ensure that all credit card transactions are recorded correctly and payments are allocated using the corporate reconciliation template.
- Handling of credit card reconciliation discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Handling promptly all guest issues and disputes, including credit card inquiries and charge backs. Make the appropriate corrections as required after obtaining the Director of Finance’s approval.
- Review of No-Show reports and to ensure that all “chargeable” No Shows has beem charged. No show report is retained with the daily operations package.
- Review foreign currency rate changes for accuracy and file in daily operations package.
- Prepare and maintain:
- To ensure comp & entertainment checks are properly accounted for and name of guest and purpose of entertainment are indicated
- Ensure sale of gift certificates is properly accounted for and utilization of gift vouchers is administered accurately
- To assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts
- Completing various reports as required by management depending on the needs of the hotel operations.
- Completing various other tasks and duties as required by management
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience with at least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in a hotel.
- Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of OPERA, MICROS, & cashiering functions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.