- Ensure all servers and computers join active directory and they have the right group policies before joining organization’s network.
- Install, configure, monitor and maintain all servers/computer systems i.e., operating systems, anti-virus software, productivity software (Microsoft Office), enterprise resource planning system, and any other ICT systems that may be in use in the Hospital.
- Ensure data of all computer systems are backed up both onsite and offsite and they are kept updated and optimally configured with latest software patches and database updates e.g., Anti-virus.
- Ensure availability and access to email and Internet for all the Hospital users.
- Provide first line software and hardware support to the Hospital users, and effectively manage second-line or outsourced support services as well as service & maintenance of ICT equipment.
- Serve as the ICT point of contact for third parties, i.e., ICT vendors for goods and services, on all ICT matters in the Hospital.
- Participate in reviewing, formulating and implementing the ICT Policy for the organization.
- Participate in identification and prioritization of ICT needs for the organization.
- Provide technical and operational advice, and coordinate the procurement and implementation of IT projects when the need arises.
- Carry out or organize for ICT training for users where required.
- Oversee change management and ICT technology upgrades to keep the organization at the cutting edge in ICT use.
- Manage the Hospital’s systems, websites and professional and social network portals
- Oversee ICT use and security audits and ensure addressing of all issues raised after each audit.
- Manage VOIP and Conference calls for the Hospital and ensure all the office telephone services are up at all times.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Information System or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Programming experience in Java, C++, PHP, PL/SQL, Crystal reports. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional) is a plus
- Proven working experience as an IT Officer. Work experience in a hospital set up is an added advantage.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Knowledge of graphic designs and show level of creativity in coming up with new policies and ideas
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job title on the email subject (ICT Officer) before 15 October 2023 to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org