HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- The driver will provide effective transport facilitation to staff and clients in order to attain the objectives of the organization.
- Support the Staff on official transport and dispatch duties to required destinations when requested.
- Facilitate transport of office Field Operations Staff when carrying out home visits and outreach activities
- Where applicable, assist staff with loading and offloading items for distribution to clients
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
- Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the Country.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
- Ensure the vehicle is in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times.
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues that arise.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications.
- Arrange for other repairs, prepare and maintain vehicle spare parts inventory.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage as required.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes as required.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Manager and other office staff in the time working at the office, in tasks including but not limited to photocopying and filing.
- Handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, and delivery and collection of official documents as required.
- Maintain a record of all deliveries done in the delivery book.
- Prepare vehicle monthly reports of specific allocated vehicle allocated to him.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of Secondary school education is preferred with a Minimum of Grade C.
- Must have a clean and valid driving license of classes B, C1, D1, D2, and D3
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in driving 4WD vehicles, Nissan Vans and school bus.
- Flexibility and ability to stand in for other drivers when required to do so is necessary.
- Good inter-personal, communication (English and Kiswahili-written and spoken) a must.
- Must have good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs.
- Basic mechanical knowledge is an advantage.
- Should have defensive driving skills.
To apply for this job please visit hias.hrmdirect.com.