Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya
Overall Job Function
A DREAMS Mentor is a community-based young woman who supports the empowerment of vulnerable adolescent girls and young women by helping them to prevent HIV infection through continuous motivation, counseling, guiding, training, coaching, linking to services, and follow-up. CHS Shinda Tena DREAMS Program is looking to recruit community mentors across Siaya County with the following attributes.
- Assisting in the identification, screening, and enrolment of the most at-risk AGYW into the
- Participate in the identification of safe spaces together with AGYW and other
- Assist in the documentation of AGYW priority needs/case management
- Participate in the preparation and execution of joint safe space work
- Identify AGYW/households for relevant services based on identified priority needs and vulnerability
- Track participation of AGYW in the program e. weekly update of safe space register.
- Ensure 90% of AGYW are accessing services on a monthly
- Ensure AGYW access a minimum of 6 services per quarter e. behavioral, biomedical, social protection, and post GBV care.
- Ensure participation of AGYW, AGYW caregivers or partners in relevant program activities through mobilization and continuous follow
- Perform home visits to track AGYW, especially in follow-up with the absentee AGYW
- Attend safe space sessions when AGYW are in
- Participate in monthly ward-level data review
- Mentors will be expected to meet their weekly set program targets as per respective Be a role model to AGYW.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Live in the same ward as the DREAMS AGYW
- Able to read and write in English (Completed at least Form 4 secondary education).
- Able to speak the local language of AGYW especially in the rural areas where DREAMS is
- Able to speak in Swahili and or English in the urban areas where there may be AGYW of different ethnic groups.
- Ability to communicate with parents and guardians of AGYW, stakeholders in government, faith-based organizations and other civil society organizations, and male sex partners of AGYW;
- Has knowledge of the local government structure in the Ward; Knowledge of community assets where AGYW may get services including police stations, health facilities, schools and colleges, Huduma Centres, Children’s department
- Comfortable with adolescent sexual reproductive health issues, including learning, teaching and referring AGYW for access uptake Sexual Reproductive Health services (experience working in Sexual Reproductive Health as CHVs, facilitators, ambassadors, volunteer will be added advantages).
- Is youth-friendly and approachable by AGYW (please note that AGYW may also recommend a mentor that they prefer for the project).
- 18 – 35 years of age. AGYW who are currently active or graduated from DREAMS will be considered for recruitment as mentors as a priority.
- Community women 18-35 who have made achievements in their lives e.g. in health, education, business, leadership, advocacy will have an added advantage to be selected as mentors.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting the position you are applying, and reference number as indicated in the subject line. Applications close on October 6, 2023 at 5.00 PM CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com