About the Job
To support the organization to realize its strategic intent on customer growth within the territory assigned through full depot management from the people, assets, various systems in use, warehouse, HSE, sales, and costs. In addition, the role plays an integral part in the Route to market (RTM) strategy in collaboration with other departments. Customer service is key, and the role ensures customers’ needs are met satisfactorily while ensuring a profitable business unit through the implementation of optimization initiatives in a legally compliant environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring quality customer growth in the depot with an average consumption of > 4kg per month
- Ensure timely & accurate customer service relations to cylinders and battery changes.
- Steward Product Control & Measurements.
- Inspection of depot equipment and facility periodically and coordinating maintenance at the Depot.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001: 2015 requirements at the depot and general housekeeping of the depot.
- Developing and managing filling depot budgets, ensuring operating expenses are within the approved budget and that value is maximized in all areas of expense and proposal for both yearly CAPEX and OPEX.
- Monitor control of product losses during receipt, in storage and during issuing.
- Developing, implementing and enforcing compliance and adherence to company policies requirements, procedures and systems, and statutory requirements at the depot e.g., licensing and labor requirements.
- Regularly monitoring the state of depot terminal security and initiating preventive action for any identified exposure.
- Ensure efficient and smooth operations of all depot activities including but not limited to safe and proper receipt, storage and handling of products/equipment at the depot to ensure quick turnaround of the trucks.
- Approving all documents as per the delegation of authority guide.
- Liaising with industry and other stakeholders in coordinating emergency response and preparedness and being the Incident Commander in the event of an emergency at the depot.
- Routine carrying out of fire drills in liaison with HSSE Manager.
- Approval of all spare parts and equipment leaving the depot.
- Reviewing daily and monthly stock reports and ensuring that loss analysis beyond approved limits is promptly carried out and explanations for variation given to management.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure a high level of employee motivation and performance.
- Coordination of stock available in liaison with other stakeholders’ e.g., Logistic, Central warehouse, Procurement, etc.
- Facilitates evaluation of the staff under the role and takes part in disciplinary actions to offenders to policies and other offenses.
- This role oversees the profit and loss of the depot and hence decisions on what needs to be focused on to create value is important.
- Excellent administrative, analytical, office support and organization skills with attention to details:
- Great ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision, discretion, and integrity:
- High degree of judgment and tact in handling the most sensitive, diverse, and confidential situations or material:
- Superb telephone etiquette skills to independently handle a wide variety of enquiries (internal and external), be proactive, motivated and a fast learner. Excellent oral and written communication in English is essential (verbal and written) with ability to draft, proof-read and edit correspondence:
- Proactive attitude with a high degree of initiative, independence, reliability and adaptability, with an ability to anticipate and resolve problems. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment to perform effectively in a constantly changing environment with competitive activities and demands, and proactively resolve challenges in a productive way:
- Systems Thinking; Process-oriented and detailed on systems understanding to know when to optimize or sub-optimize:
- Commitment, excellent inter-interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural/disciplinary environment. Very high degree of flexibility and a demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of multiple concurrent activities, to judge priorities and take initiative in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines:
- Proficiency in using MS Office products (i.e., MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to Admin management, and performance evaluation, monitoring of transactions and reporting.
- Demonstrates Financial reporting understanding, accounting qualification or exposure to the same will be an added advantage.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Effective communication and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities and remains calm, in control, and good-humoured even under pressure.
- A strong commitment to excellence and high standards of integrity, professionalism, loyalty, honesty, respect, open-mindedness, open communication, and business ethics is required.
- Demonstrate inventory management experience, budgeting, and cost control and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Commerce or Social Sciences
- monitoring of transactions and reporting
- Financial reporting understanding
To apply for this job please visit careers.mgas.ke.