- The Data Analyst will provide overall subject matter in the field of HIV and TB prevention and treatment and support to foster data use at all levels. The holder of this position will apply sound epidemiological principles to support HIV/TB data analysis and implement national and subnational data-driven activities for program improvement.
The position is based in Palladium’s KeHMIS office, Nairobi.
You and Your Career:
- We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
- Reporting to the Data Demand and Information Use Lead, the Data Analyst will provide overall subject matter in the field of HIV and TB prevention and treatment and support to foster data use at all levels. The holder of this position will apply sound statistical principles to support HIV/TB data analysis and implement national and subnational data-driven activities for program improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement data analysis plans using sound statistical techniques.
- Perform data analysis to identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for HIV/TB program improvement.
- Derive actionable insights from data and prepare reports to drive improvement in the HIV/TB program.
- Contribute to research initiatives, including abstracts and manuscript writing.
- Prepare custom data sets and analytic outputs to support USG agencies and MOH in program planning and improvement.
- Collaborate with other teams in the data quality improvement initiatives by conducting frequent data quality checks and communicating the identified gaps.
- Work closely with other Data Analysts, Data Demand & Information Use (DDIU) and Product Development teams to develop and disseminate information products in line with Country Operation Plans (COP) and program priorities.
- Implement sustainable strategies to improve the quantity and quality of available data in the National Data Warehouse (NDW).
- Support data analysis during evaluations and studies using data from different sources including the National
- Data Warehouse (NDW).
- Contribute to self-service initiatives that drive the democratization of data access to stakeholders.
- Advise the technology teams on the required HIS enhancements to ensure that data analysts have the required variables to inform HIV epidemic control.
- University education in computing, statistics, or science would be highly regarded.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the same or similar position
- Programming Languages (R/STATA/Python) – Proficient and working knowledge in one or more of these programming languages (R, Python, or STATA) for data gathering, data cleaning, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Creative and Analytical Thinking – Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills: confident communicating with people of differing levels of seniority, analytical understanding, and from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Strong SQL (especially Teradata) can extract data from large databases using SQL to develop data queries.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel – Efficient with spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.