County Government of Nyandarua
Qualifications for Appointment
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, or Seed Science and Technology from a recognized institution.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a registered Commercial Seed Production Farm/Unit, Plant Propagation Unit, or a similar institution, with a focus on Hydroponic/Aeroponics Production Technologies.
- Demonstrate expertise in managing Aeroponics and Hydroponic Greenhouses.
- Have knowledge of Computerized Fertigation Systems.
- Exhibit strong record-keeping skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and overseeing the production and multiplication of Potato Seeds in the County’s Aeroponics, Hydroponics, and Field Units.
- Supervising casuals/staff in the Seed Production Aeroponics, Hydroponic, and Field Units.
- Overseeing irrigation/fertigation and activities such as seeding, hardening, transplanting, and crop husbandry.
- Ensuring high levels of sanitation and hygiene in the Seed Unit, complying with KEPHIS and other National and International Certification Standards.
- Managing crop pest and disease control.
- Operating and maintaining Seed Unit equipment.
- Promoting a safe and organized working environment.
- Maintaining accurate operational records in the Unit.
- Providing training and establishing links between the Seed Unit and Seed Multipliers.
- Participating in Seed Data Collection and Surveys.
- Compiling periodic reports.
- Undertaking any other lawful duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Basic Salary: Kshs. 38,270 p.m. (minimum) – Kshs. 51,170 p.m. (maximum)
House Allowance: Kshs. 7,500 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 5,000 p.m.
Medical Cover: Comprehensive Medical Cover
Method of Application
Interested candidates should follow these steps:
- Download the Application for Employment Form.
- Complete the Application for Employment Form.
- Attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identification Card
- Academic and professional certificates
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board in an envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 38-20303,
Ol’ Kalou, NYANDARUA
Applications may also be hand-delivered to the County Public Service Board offices located at Posta House, 2nd floor, Ol’Kalou Town.
The deadline for receiving applications is 18/09/2023.
Note: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Nyandarua County Government is an equal-opportunity employer, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.