- The primary responsibility of the Locum Community Navigator (LCN) is to provide language interpretation and to assist the organization in providing information and timely support to refugees and asylum seekers towards their self-reliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide language interpretation and translation.
- Participate in community education as directed by RefugePoint.
- Provide accurate and timely information to refugees and migrants.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with refugee communities
- Participate in community mobilization as directed by RefugePoint.
- Accompany clients and guide them to access certain services when called upon.
- Provide relevant community updates to RefugePoint.
- Participate in training and capacity-building programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
Attend to any other duties assigned by the line supervisor.
- Be a resident of Nairobi and its environs in locations where refugees live
- Be fluent in English, Kiswahili, and other languages spoken by refugees
- Must hold a UNHCR mandate refugee certificate, Government alien card and/or recent Government verification documents
- Must have a minimum of secondary school education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post-secondary school training e.g. in health, community development, counseling, business administration etc.
- Experience in community work
To apply for this job please visit refugepoint.applicantstack.com.