About the job
- Understands the recipes used in baking and their proportions.
- Can follow recipes keenly and precisely and can quickly interpret the recipe and quickly identify issues.
- Can interpret and measure ingredients correctly with minimal supervision.
- Understands how a batter and dough mixer works and can operate it well.
- Ensures that all baked products are well sealed and packaged.
- Understands how ingredients are stored, labelled, and packed
- Understands the basic baking methods which include Creaming, Rub In, Hot milk, Blind Bake, All in one.
- Has the knowledge of baking most of the bakery items that include croissants pies, bread, cakes, muffins and cookies.
- Understand how to clean, assemble, and disassemble machine correctly such as food processor, scales, Planetary mixers, stick blender.
- Can easily mould and scoop bakery items such as bread and choc chip cookies.
- Able to fold the dough well into different shapes and sizes
- Shows creativity and art in shaping of the dough.
- Demonstrates consistency of good quality products and speed.
- Performs all relevant tasks in line with the trained standard operating procedures to minimize risk of harm to self, others or damage to property.
- Report all incident or accidents observed at the workplace to the Team Leader
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bakery basic product knowledge,
- Must be conversant with basic hygiene standards in the industry,
- Attentive to detail in production,
- Certificate food production/ pastry and bakery course,
- Must have a basic form four level of education
To apply for this job please visit www.shortlist.net.