Danish Refugee Council
The Economic Recovery Assistant – Digital Trainer will play a crucial role in supporting the Digital Learning program. This role involves providing high-quality face-to-face mentorship and access to on-demand digital skills in three refugee camps. Additionally, the trainer will facilitate online work linkages for freelancers, collaborate with partner trainers and mentors to assess participants, and conduct ICT training in Microsoft productivity software, ICDL, online collaboration tools, and user support for online job accounts. The trainer will also deliver financial literacy and life skills training to the trainees.
Project Management and Development:
- Participate in mobilizing and enrolling digital learners.
- Work closely with partner trainers and mentors to train and assess participants before onboarding them to work platforms.
- Collaborate with the digital team to prepare training manuals.
- Establish and maintain the digital training database.
- Keep an inventory of all ICT equipment under your supervision.
- Support needs assessment and suggests ideas for improving digital learning and online job opportunities for youth.
- Provide face-to-face mentorship for on-demand digital skills in refugee camps.
- Facilitate online work opportunities for trained freelancers.
- Assist freelancers in bidding for online work.
- Offer support for freelancers in acculturation, priority setting, networking, career planning, and counseling for advancement in freelancing careers.
- Support freelancers in client engagement and contract management strategies.
- Monitor online platforms for trends and provide advice for program alignment.
- Promote knowledge sharing among freelancers in the local and international markets.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Record attendance details of learners.
- Maintain a database of trainees working online and track their progress for success stories sharing.
- Record earnings of online job clients and report to your supervisor.
- Submit weekly/monthly project updates to the digital learning officer.
Planning and Budgeting:
- Prepare and share weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans with your supervisor for implementation.
- Plan and implement active learning for students based on the syllabus.
- Train the trainees on freelancing ethics, including privacy and confidentiality safeguards.
- Develop suitable schemes of work, lesson plans, and records of units covered for innovative Digital Skills training.
- Continuously evaluate students, maintain performance, and provide feedback during their learning period.
- Participate in mobilizing and enrolling learners.
- Provide IT support in the assigned IT lab center.
Training Digital Learning Skills:
- Work with stakeholders to deliver various Digital Skills to learners.
- Provide counseling and social development mentorship to learners.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, BBIT, Community Development, or a related field.
- Three years of previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college/vocational training institution setting.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Experience working with underprivileged youth.
- Strong team player with initiative, flexibility, and tolerance.
- At least 5 years of proven freelancing and digital economy experience.
- Experience working online and bidding for online jobs.
- Proficiency in digital creation, innovation, and problem-solving.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work independently and under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work with diverse cultural, educational, and religious backgrounds in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit job.drc.ngo.