REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF COMPUTER LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – LOCUM
- This is a temporary/short term position available for three (3) to six (6) months.
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
The candidate must:
- Have At least three (3) years of relevant work experience from an institution of higher learning or a large commercial enterprise.
Skills and knowledge
The candidate must have skills in:
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the Computer Laboratory Technician – Locum will include but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, analyze and repair problems of computer elements such as desktop computers, laptops and various components/peripherals of an IT network
- Prepare reports on conditions of ICT equipment within the university and submit them to the Director, ICT for decision making.
- Maintenance of computing systems (hardware, software and networks), data communication systems and preventive maintenance and repair of ICT equipment.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware compatibility issues and ensure all failed computer products and processes are identified and solved.
- Obtain, set and install computer software for ICT training laboratories to enable user perform their activities effectively.
- Assist the ICT Trainers and Computer Technologists in carrying out various laboratory/workshop activities to support learning in the university.
- Supervise and guide students on practical attachments in order to produce reliable and precise information to support research findings.
- Installation and configuration of Enterprise Resource and Planning software system for university computers to ensure efficient execution of operational activities.
- Distribution of procured ICT equipment to departments/campuses to ensure equitable and effective use of ICT resources.
- Management of ICT equipment inventory by updating the database regularly to identify any losses and recommend for upgrade.
- Management and track user work tickets to ensure proper use of university resources and assets.
- Create user accounts in the Domain Name Server for all staff members for official communication.
- Install and configuring antivirus software and manage the antivirus server software to combat new viruses and protect university computers and information from any vulnerability.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send two (2) copies of their application for the above position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone number, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with disability should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) Registration Card.
Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 3rd October 2023. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com